Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gravity

I've always hated the feeling you get when you're riding a roller coaster; that sick to your stomach feeling, especially anticipating it right before the ride takes a plunge. This feeling is the same one I encounter in my dreams, even though in reality I'm not in the act of falling. Strange how it can seem like the scariest, yet most exciting thrill ever. Why are we drawn to such emotions? Crazy humans. But, I'm guilty of this as well!

So, I remember reading something a couple years back about the common term people use when they first feel like they're in love--and they say that they're "falling." As if being in love is something one cannot control or choose, it just happens to fall onto their lap or they happened to stumble across it. Of course the book I read that addressed this issue was a Christian based book, so it obviously preached "responsible and mature" love and one that hasn't stemmed from infatuation. But where's the fun in all of that?! I like to think that when you're beginning to admit these feelings of affection, your world becomes something you don't recognize--even you, yourself, become someone you don't know. So, in a sense, falling is a pretty accurate way to put it! The best part of all of this falling business, is when it totally catches you off guard. I don't think one chooses to love someone, but I also don't think it magically happens overnight. It's a steady balance and when the light switch turns on, it's like an abrupt wake up call. Before you know it, you've lost total control. Another force is working beyond you and you're desperately trying to make it out on top.

Well, this is the real reason I was inspired to write this entry. I can't get enough of Beyonce's song, "Halo" and how powerful and emotional her lyrics are:

I swore I'd never fall again,
but this don't even feel like falling.
Gravity can't forget,
to pull me back to the ground again.


Listen to song in its entirety, I know you won't regret it. I'm not even a big fan of Beyonce, but her words speak louder to me and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment