Monday, May 4, 2009

Bipolarishness

I hadn't considered myself a negative person before but someone had called me out on it a while back and not only did I take a blow to the ego, but more significantly, a stab to the heart. It really hurt to hear it, but I'm sure it takes a lot to tell someone that in the first place so the feelings were mutual. Of course I was in denial. Who likes to know that the energy you're putting out is negative, when you feel like you're typically a positive person? Eh.

It's all in the state of mind. This is another thing I've been trying to attune myself to. Oftentimes we forget how we carry ourselves or we let the littlest thing bring us down, when all we need to do is reset and pick ourselves up. Easier said than done..or is it? Imagine! Just thinking it in your head, before even saying it, that today you are going to be happy. You've already made up your mind, plain and simple. It's funny cuz it's really that easy. It's amazing how powerful the human psyche is, so use it to your advantage and dictate how you will live out your day! For starters, try smiling randomly and/or towards a complete stranger. Chances are they'll smile back (or give you a "Do I know you?" face) and you have indirectly made their day that much better.

I know I should be taking my own advice, and I do for the most part. But some days, I am allowed to be human and fall under the "Leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you" category of irritable emotions, which is where I am right now. Ironic, huh? A bit bipolar..maybe?

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and another chance at making up my mind on being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment